I am following the word wall from abcteach.com. They provide easy instructions and offer a week by week list of words and word wall activities. I will be mixing it up a bit since the kids can read many of the words on their list. We'll see how it goes. I'm organizing the words by using a little file box. I wrote the words on word strips (I'll be alternating colors each week), and then put the words into envelopes. I'll be printing out the activities at the beginning of each week.
Word wall activities include:
- Writing words out when they are introduced.
- Making new words (can becomes man, etc.)
- Finding words that rhyme.
- Using the word in a sentence.
- Word search.
- Build a word using Unifix cubes.
- Test at the end of the week.