Friday, October 10, 2008

Liturgical Calendar.

Lately, I feel like I've been ignoring so many feast days. Not because I don't have time to celebrate them with the kids, but because I forget!! We have always been a crafty family when it comes to celebrating and teaching the kids about our faith; now with all the first grade and kindergarten schedules...things get lost somewhere in the midst of math, reading, and science. As I was going through my computer drawer this morning, I came across a liturgical calendar that I purchased from Pflaum. I had completely forgotten that I had it!!




So now I'm planning a spot for it on our school room wall. And to add to it, I found a great Liturgical Calendar Wheel that I'm ordering. It should help with all the feast days, solemnities, fast days, and memorials to the saints. I really love the artwork on it!




I really need to plan out our crafts month by month so that I'm never left without an idea for a craft or activity. There are so many things that you can do to celebrate your Catholic faith and make it come alive for your kids. Luckily, I have a small army of books to help me come up with new ideas. Not to mention that there are so many websites offering ideas for crafts, projects, and different ways to celebrate the Catholic year. Here are a few of my favorite books.











No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...