Saturday, February 26, 2011

Approaching Lent and Preparing Activities.

So last year, we did a Lent lapbook. It was fun, educational, and the kids loved it. But for the life of me, I can't find it!!! I can't even find a picture!! So sorry to all who have been asking if I could post something. I'll keep looking!

But in keeping with making things education and fun, we'll be working on another Lent Lapbook using Lapbooks for Catholics, Lent: A Journey Towards Easter. You can click on the title and it will take you to the webpage where you can purchase the whole thing for only $10!!

Other things that we are getting ready is our "Walk the Lenten Path" countdown to Easter. Last year we used this cute one from Catholic Icing and the kids loved keeping track of the days. Here is a picture of the ones the kids colored last year. They loved them!



This year, however, I actually made my own to use with my Faith Formation 5th grade class. I'm going to be letting my own kids choose which one they want to print out and color too, and so far they like the look of the new one!! I made one in black and white for my older kids to color and I also made one with the pictures already colored in to make it easier for my 3 year old. (You can see my color one below).

To countdown the days, they just put a sticker on each square every morning. But you can leave your squares blank and have your kids color them instead...my kids just love stickers, so I went that route. If you want to download a copy for yourself here are the links!!! Just click on "File" on the left side and then print.

Color Lenten Path Countdown

B&W Lenten Path Countdown

Also in the pipeline are some Stations of the Cross booklets for the kids to color and use on Friday's when we do the stations together. A picture posting of that once we get them printed and colored!!

So in the mean time, I hope these ideas get you started on your own Lent preparations! I also apologize for all the emails and messages in regards to my Lent lapbook from last year. Once I find it, I will be sure to take some pictures and post them ASAP!!

7 comments:

Laura O in AK said...

Liz,

I am definitely going to use your countdown calendar with my boys. If I thought we'd actually get it done, I'd be ordering the Lent lapbook.

A Real Pilgrimage said...

you did a great job Liz!!!
Congrats!!

evann said...

Thanks, Liz! I just printed two of your calendars. Last year we used Lacy's - this year is you! Your work is greatly appreciated. Have a Blessed Lent.

Melissa @ Homegrown Catholics said...

Thanks so much, I printed my lenten countdown copies already. I wanted to make a new version for this year, and was thrilled to see someone else did for me!!!!

Liz said...

Thanks everyone! Glad you liked the new Lenten Path printout!!

Liz

Tiffany said...

Hi Liz~ I just found this post over at Catholic Icing. Thank you for sharing this great calendar:-) My husband teaches 6th grade CCD and we can also use these for our home Lenten Faith Folders. Thanks again and Lenten Blessings to you and your family!

tracey said...

I am using your calendar this year and linked to your site. Thank you!

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...