Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Collection Complete. Before Five in a Row.

Today I completed my collection of books for Before Five in a Row. I figured that these books are worth having since all my kids enjoy them so much. I initially wanted to do the program with Anthony, but am now having Isabella join in. Marco still loves the stories as well and I plan to revisit them all again when Christian is old enough to start "school."

Searching for many of these books is like going on a treasure hunt. Since there are 5 books that are out of print, you really have to be diligent about searching. My final book purchase was My Blue Boat by Chris L. Demarest. Now that I'm done collecting, I'll just guard the books with my life!

Following is a list of all the wonderful books that make up the curriculum of Before Five in a Row.


Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? by Nancy W. Carlstrom
Yellow Ball, by Molly Bang
My Blue Boat, by Chris L. Demarest
The Little Rabbit, by Judy Dunn
Ask Mr. Bear, by Marjorie Flack
Blueberries for Sal, by Robert McCloskey
Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown
The Big Green Pocketbook, by Candice Ransom
The Runaway Bunny, by Margaret Wise Brown
The ABC Bunny, by Wanda Gag
If Jesus Came to My House, by Joan Gale Thomas
Caps for Sale, by Esphyr Slobodkina
The Carrot Seed, by Ruth Krauss
The Snowy Day, by Ezra Jack Keats
The Quiet Way Home, by Bonny Becker
Play With Me, by Marie Hall Ets
Prayer for a Child, by Rachel Field
I Am an Artist, by Pat L. Collins
Angus Lost, by Marjorie Flack
Katy No-Pocket, by Emmy Payne
We're Going on a Bear Hunt, by Michael Rosen
The Red Carpet, by Rex Parkin
Corduroy, by Don Freeman
Jenny's Surprise Summer, by Eugenie

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...