Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back to Nature.

This past weekend was the NWF's Make Tracks! Family Trail Weekend. We were lucky to have planned a weekend getaway in the mountains with some friends, so it worked out that we were also able to enjoy a few hikes. The weather was great and the leaves were beautiful! It was a weekend that went by too fast. Luckily, we were able to tie in the weekend events with our planned nature activity for the week.

There were so many great pictures! I decided to make a slide show and then post some favorites.




Yup. It's 65 degrees outside and there is DH & Marco in the cold water. Sliding Rock is located near Asheville, NC.


Looks cold!!


Isabella was not left behind on the adventure. A friend took her down the slippery rock.



Hugging my Little Guy.



Enjoying some free time!



5 out of 7 kids...not bad!


The kids admire a living statue in downtown Asheville.


Exploring downtown Asheville.

1 comment:

Jennefer said...

What a beautiful family! I love all the pictures from NC, too. One of my closest friends just moved to NC and she constantly tells us of the beauty that surrounds her. I am jealous! :)

I especially loved the living statue. When I visited Montmartre in Paris (before children) we saw statues like this all over the place.

I enjoyed following your family's journey!

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...