Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Discovery Education. United Streaming.

After thinking about using United Streaming (and trying to ignore the price), I signed up for the 30 day free trial. It is awesome!! I am at the point right now that I am sure I'm going to sign up for it. My main reasons for acquiring this completely educational resource?

  1. Time Warp Trio. This is a favorite around here! I am planning on incorporating it into our history studies. The problem is that when watching on Discovery Kids tv, you can't choose which episode they are going to air. With US, you can choose the episode that will go along with your studies (Gladiators, for example).
  2. Spanish. we are doing Spanish this year with Espanol para chiquitos. US offers online Spanish classes that will greatly enforce all that we learn. It's like having them in a Spanish class where I don't have to teach!
  3. Lesson plans. Enough said! You can pull up lesson plans on just about anything.
  4. History. They have so many segments to go along with our study of the ancients this year.
  5. Science. Ok...this is Discovery. Of course they are going to have GREAT science resources!!
So far, those are my top 5 reasons as to why US is going to be worth the $129. Just make sure that you go through Homeschool Buyers Co-op to get that wonderful price!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you like the service -- it's a great resource for homeschool families. I agree that Time Warp trio is a great series - i used to use it with my emergent readers when I was teaching and was thrilled when the series came onto our service.

That's just the beginning though --there are millions of ways to use Discovery Education streaming to support your children's educational needs. I'm happy to discuss more of them with you -- feel free to email me anytime:)

I hope you sign up for a subscription -- you will love it.

Sincerely-
Betsy Whalen
Director, Marketing
Discovery Education
betsy_whalen@discovery.com

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...