Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Getting a Head Start on Curriculum.

We are moving along with school lessons and the kids are doing well, although there are a few places we are struggling with. But I don't let that keep me from planning ahead. With a major homeschool conference coming up in May here in my city and another Catholic conference in June, I want to be fully prepared for what I will be needing to purchase for each child.

Of course, being the kind of person that I am, I am constantly curious as to what others are doing. I love being able to call a friend and ask questions about history or math, knowing that they are using the same curriculum. But we can't all be doing the same stuff, as all our children's personalities vary. In effort to share with others and trade ideas, however, I am trying to host a small curriculum and idea "swap." Pretty much this will just be an opportunity for friends to come over and see what books I've got and for me to see what books they've got (with drinks and desserts all mixed in!). Sounds like fun to me!

If you've ever hosted something like this, please leave a comment!!! I'd love to know how others have done this. As I come closer to my planning stages and decisions on curriculum, I'll make sure to post.

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...