Monday, April 28, 2008

History Planning/Link to Reading List.

I finally decided to sit down and really plan our history for first grade. This is the subject I am most excited about and for that reason, has been the one I have been saving for last in my list of planning. I don't want to miss a thing, but I have to keep in mind that this is going to be merely an introduction of history for Marco.

We are, of course, using Story of the World I. I have done some thinking and talking to friends and family about the absence of a nice Catholic history program; my reservations being that SOTW does not tell history from a Catholic point of view. But after searching and researching, I have settled on incorporating RC History into the mix. I'll only be using this program as a simple supplement when needed.

For this week, I'll be working out a schedule that incorporates SOTW, RC History, and perhaps some history of the saints. I have a chronological list of all three, so all I have to do is plug in dates (this is in theory only!). Knowing me, I'll make this into some complicated venture.

In the mean time, I did manage to make a list of all the supplementary reading suggestions made in the SOTW activity guide (I organized them by chapter). I'll be adding this to my planner so as to make it easier for me when planning our reading materials. I plan on using the library for the bulk of our books and having a list comes in handy when putting books on hold.

I'll make sure to post my schedule as soon as I finish it! In the mean time, feel free to use my SOTW Reading List. You might have to skip an ad to get to the download!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...