Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Science Lessons Begin!

Today, DH finally started science lessons with Marco! We are starting with the study of whales (using Living Learning Books) and it was lots of fun for both of them. Leave it to my overachieving hubby to turn a 20-30 minute lesson, into a 1 hour lesson! I think they both got carried away reading books and coloring the whale pages.

DH's next science class will take place on Thursday and will not only have reading, but a craft as well. I'm kind of excited to see what happens with that, since DH is NOT a crafty guy! I'm sure they'll be fine, however. If Isabella decides to join them, she'll probably teach them a thing or two...without a doubt!

As for our other subjects, I'm debating whether or not I should just go ahead and start our first grade materials. At the moment, we are finishing up Saxon 1 for math. Since we started SSRW Level 1 and are doing our 1st grade science, I'm feeling like I need to beef up the rest of our day. I think I'll be closer to starting once I get all our lessons from Angelicum. That means I only have a limited amount of time to start scheduling and planning our materials! Fun!!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...