Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ready For Take Off?

Today was a busy day. Much to the kids' disappointment, we had to skip out on co-op. Luckily, the disappointment was followed by joy when they learned that we were going to be having some friends over for the day instead. We all expect a certain amount of chaos when you have little ones running around. My lesson for the day was that I need to tame my clutter!! Well, more like toy clutter!

I usually keep all the toys out of reach so that they don't all get taken out at the same time. But unfortunately, it's a flawed system. When you have more than one child, you have to expect that each child wants their own toy. Then they get all mixed up, toys get left behind, and it becomes a bit of a mess. So now I'm out with my handy, dandy electronic labeling machine. Every toy has to have its own bin…ahem…LABELED bin. J At least this way, it will be easier to get the kids to recognize in what bin things belong. Or is this really an excuse to go crazy with labeling? Whatever the case may be, I'm happy typing and printing away. So far, here are the labels I have.


  • Hot Wheels/Cars
  • Barbie
  • Baby Toys
  • Planet Heroes
  • Stuffed Toys
  • Kitchen Toys (3 of these!)
  • Animal Toys
  • Shark Attack
  • Dress Up

Of course, I included one for each child since they all have their bins that I rotate for use only during school time. *Click here to find out what I put in our school boxes. Tomorrow I will have to continue separating the rest of the toys and classifying them into their own groups.

Next step after our main living areas are done? Label, classify, and organize all the toys and school supplies in our basement play/school room. I am ready for this? As ready as Anthony is ready for take off!!

1 comment:

Todd Brown said...

The menu thing is neat and looks pretty family/child friendly and easy. I signed up to get the menu so I'll see how that goes. Thanks!

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...