Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Today was a great Halloween day! I had been so busy preparing for our little party while still trying to stay on top of our school lessons. All I can say that planning ahead of time is key if you want to get things done with time to spare! We started our morning off with a visit to our friends' house for our monthly Story of the World activity day. We reviewed ancient Africa and made some crafts to go along with the Anansi the spider stories. The kids had a great time and they are always happy when it comes to getting together with friends!

On our way to our friends' home. It's a short drive with lovely views of the fall leaves. I had to take this picture, but it doesn't do the scenery justice. I love how trees line up every part of the highway.


Christian got to hang out in his jack-o-lantern suit while the kids worked on crafts.


The kids had fun creating their own Anansi spiders.


Final product! Not included are the shakers the kids made.


After we got home, our babysitter was waiting for us. And let me just add that we LOVE our babysitter!! She is awesome and the kids always have a great time with her! Melissa, if you read this...you ROCK! But back to the main idea. We got home and the kids played while I quickly picked up around the house and made some final dishes for the party. I had prepared mostly everything, so it wasn't too much to do. I then sped off to the costume shop to look for DH's costume. I found it, bought it, and got home with plenty of time to get ready.

Anyways...long story short. The party was lots of fun. We had our great friends over and the kids had a blast! The food was good and the company was even better. I was a bit skeptical that we would finish passing out all the Halloween candy, but at the end of the night, all the candy was gone! My only regret is not taking more pictures. This should be nothing new, since I always forget at each Halloween party to take more snapshots. Perhaps in the future I will post pictures of me and my hubby dressed as the king and queen....perhaps.



Our trick-or-treaters get ready to take to the streets!


Christian tries his hand at a craft.


Sweet success!!! Enjoying their loots are all the kids.




No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...