Friday, July 30, 2010

The Good Books.

If you noticed, I've recently changed our reading list found to the left of the page (it's linked directly to Library Thing). I have now included our new kindergarten, 1st, and 3rd grade reading list for the 2010-2011 school year. These are all books found on Angelicum Academy's website.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around how on earth I'm going to read all these books to the kids. Last year, we did the 2nd grade good books list and the kids all sat in together. This year, however, I decided to give each child their own reading time. This is not only because they each have book reports to write on them, but because not all the kids will want to listen to each other's books. For example, those books on Marco's 3rd grade list are too advanced for Anthony.

Also, now that we are starting kindergarten again, I feel like Anthony really needs to have these wonderful books read to him. After all, I haven't read them since Marco was in kindergarten and I'm excited to share these classics with the him too!

For the mean time, I'm trying really hard to decide how exactly I'm going to split our reading time. Perhaps do some before bedtime, some during quiet time, and another during our lunch break? It's a challenge, but I'm confident that I'll find a way to work around it.

And if you haven't read any of these books to your children, I highly encourage you to do so!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...