Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Prayer Wheel.

So I've been talking religion curriculum with a friend lately and trying to revamp some things. While trying to get things in order for the new school year, I came across our handy, little prayer wheel and thought it would be something you might all find useful!

Last year, Marco made a neat prayer wheel at one of his sacramental prep classes. It had a few prayers on it and the assignment was to have him "spin the wheel" and recite whatever prayer the wheel showed. I thought it was such a fun way to practice that I decided to make one with all the prayers that the kids know (or should know!).

Of course, the prayers didn't work on one wheel so I adjusted it and made it into a double wheel. It's not fancy, the words aren't centered, and they even might be a little crooked....but it worked for us!! I printed them on card stock paper, inserted a fastener to what looked like the center, and then I made cut-outs for the prayers to show through.

Simple, easy, and a fun way to work on prayer recitation. Feel free to print out my version or you can even make your own. Replace prayers for the Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes, poems, or anything you need your kids to recite.





Yea...it's a bit crooked as you can see. But it's fun way to practice!

3 comments:

A Real Pilgrimage said...

This is a great idea!! Thank you for sharing it!

A Real Pilgrimage said...

Hi again! I just wanted to tell you that I chose your blog for an award, see my post: http://familiacatolica-org.blogspot.com/ I love the practical ideas you share with others, thank you!!! I am glad I can learn from you! God bless you Liz!

Liz said...

Thanks Xhonane!!! I love your blog too!

Liz

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...