Monday, February 2, 2009

Preparing for Lent.

I have been thinking a lot about Lent lately and how it seems to sneak up on me year after year. Today I decided to prepare for it a little in advance. Today I ordered some books to help me with presenting Lent to the children. I'm thinking of making a Lent lapbook; working on small activities every day. I think this will help the children not only learn about Lent, but how it's such an important part of our Catholic heritage.

Here are the books I'm hoping that will help me prepare and guide me through the Lent season.

I really feel like I am lacking in Lent and Easter materials overall. The good thing is that my church is awesome and they have a nice little library with lots of resources that families are free to check out!

I'm hoping that between these books, the books from church, and maybe some videos thrown in there...I'll be fully prepared to present Lent to the whole family!


1 comment:

Monica said...

Hi! I found your blog thru Catholic Icing. I found Lent and Easter in the Domestic Church to be a really great resource. I have the Advent/Christmas one as well (same authors, same format) and it has some really great ideas too.

Blessings!

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...