Friday, February 6, 2009

Co-op Field Trip.

Today we went on a field trip with our co-op to the grocery store, Lowes. The kids really enjoyed it, although I wasn't exactly too happy with the presenter. The field trip consisted of a tour through the grocery store with stops in all the different departments. It was nutrition related, so the kids got to look at healthy food choices and even sample several food items.

We did have a pretty good size group, since all the co-op members attended. It's always so amazing for me to see a homeschool group gather with all their children. I am in constant amazement at how well behaved our group was and how all the children are able to interact with all age groups (from babies to adults!) without any problems. It makes me thankful that I do not have to send the kids to school!

Although I thought the presenter for the field trip could have been a little more entertaining, I'm glad that the kids still had a good time. At the end of their tour, they received a goody bag that included some healthy choices reading materials and a grocers hat. My kids spent the afternoon playing grocery store and enjoyed watching them!

Isabella take a listening break, while Anthony hold Melissa's hand. Melissa is our babysitter that I love and I take her with me whenever I need an extra hand!


Some of the co-op kids moving on to the next part of the tour.


The children all got to pet a lobster while on the tour.

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...