Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Books.

I was shopping for a birthday gift recently on Amazon and started browing some of the items on my wish list. I finally decided to order Children Discover the Mass by Mary Doerfler Dall. I also took the advice from another blogger and ordered Saints, A year in Faith and Art by Rosa Giorgi.

They are both wonderful in such different ways! Children Discover the Mass basically has lessons and crafts that help explain the Mass step by step. I love that every part of the Mass is covered; from responses to Liturgy of the Word sequence, and from explanations of the Introductory Rites to prayers. It has a craft or activity to go with every single part of the Mass! My kids are young and therefore very hands on, so this is perfect! Each part of Mass is covered over the course of 28 lessons, so this book can easily be used to accompany any religious education for the year.


Saints, A Year in Faith and Art is a beautiful book to accomplish a Saint A Day reading. The book is organized so that it begins with January 1st and continues until the end of the year. It features a Saint for every day over 2 pages. One side covers all the information and the other pictures beautiful art. This is a small, but hefty book. Beautiful enough to adorn a home altar all year round!!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...