Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back from IHM!

I just got back from IHM Catholic Conference yesterday evening. I had such a wonderful time! It was great to drive up with friends and get the opportunity to chat about homeschooling and life. The conference itself was very good and the speakers were great! My only complaint? No strollers in the talks...that makes it difficult when you have a sleeping infant whom you don't want to wake up by picking him up.

The vendors were wonderful as well. I truly appreciated that I didn't have to worry about the materials I was looking at because I knew that they were all Catholic (or Catholic-friendly!). Luckily, I had already purchased most of my materials for our school year. That left me with plenty of time to browse all the fun stuff. I did miss that "looking for a good curriculum" feeling. But in the end, I am fully excited about Angelicum Academy and all the great books that I'll be using with them!

I am definitely coming back next year...if possible, without any children. Christian did so well while with me. However, it's nice not to have to worry about toting a baby along. For the time being, I'm getting ready to start the new year and I'll be spending the rest of the day looking through all the neat books I purchased at IHM.

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...