Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Planner Done!! Next Up....

Well, I finally got my planner printed, organized, and bound! I'm excited about it because it is exactly what I want and need. It is definitely an improvement over last year's planner that was in a 3 ring binder. This is lighter and easier to use, as well as easy to take with me anywhere if I need to.

My very basic planner. I'll be adding a large label to the front cover.


First page is a yearly calendar for quick reference.


Following the yearly calendar is the student checklist, where the kids can check off work completed. This can also serve as an attendance record.


The weekly planner is spread out over 2 pages. Following this are monthly pages, my curriculum planner, reading logs, and lined pages for notes.
*For more details on my planner and links, check out my Planning a Planner post.


Last year, I had all my lesson plans and schedules included in my planner. This was handy, but also became a pain after a while. It made my planner heavy and cumbersome. Not only that, but I didn't need my lesson plans or schedules on a daily basis. It became a bit of a hassle to have them in my planner. This doesn't mean that I don't need my lesson plans or schedules this year. I just have decided to make a separate bound notebook for them.

This separate notebook will be my Lesson Plan Book. It will contain all the lesson plans for each subject for the year. Of course, some subjects don't require their own lesson plans (Saxon math, religion, etc.) because the lessons are self explanatory and there is very little prep time. But for other subjects, such as history (History Odyssey), I need a break down of what to do week by week including supplies and books needed.

Since the Lesson Plan Book will only be needed, at most, once a week...it seems like a better idea for it to be separate from my daily planner. I'll have to post picture of that when I'm done. For now, I'm still organizing and making my lesson plans. I also have some materials left to buy, so I don't want to get it all together before I have every book in my hand!!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...