Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back from the IHM National Conference!!!

I am back from the IHM Conference! It was a great trip, but WAY too short!! Two days is just not enough to be away from it all. I definitely felt the need for more time to let all the talks sink in, to decompress, to organize my thoughts, and finally to plan the year far away from the distractions that running a household bring.

I do, however, feel a bit more refreshed and inspired. I came away with a more knowledge and faith that I can actually do a good job homeschooling! I also don't feel so alone in my journey. Sometimes it's easy to forget that there are others out there who are doing the same thing you are and who are struggling with many of the same issues. Going to conference is like getting a yearly tune-up for me. It keeps me looking forward.

One unfortunate thing about this year's conference was that I felt that there were vendors missing. CHC failed to attend and many other vendors didn't have the selection of books that they usually have. I'm not sure if it is due to our present economic status or not, but it was an inconvenience to me (and many other moms) to not be able to peruse through many of the books only offered through online Catholic sites. It makes a huge difference to be able to thumb through a book, as opposed to just reading the description and reviews. Perhaps next year will be better in that sense.

Overall, IHM is a wonderful Catholic conference!!! With a daily rosary, confessions, and fabulous speakers...I'm not sure why anyone would not want to attend! And as for our curriculum...it's done! I just have to piece our schedule together and get all the logistics out of the way. From Preschool to 2nd grade...amazing that I've been on this homeschool journey for 3 years already. It is truly a blessing!!!

2 comments:

The Towers Family said...

I've been following your blog for several months. I have three kids (6,4, and 2) and one on the way. I went to a Catholic homeschool conference in Minnesota and CHC wasn't there either. And I felt the same way about the vendors. On a side note: Thank you for all your posts and sharings. They have given me a little more direction this year and I'm excited for what we will be doing.

Liz said...

Thanks for keeping up with my blog!! About CHC, I heard that they didn't make any conferences this year. Perhaps there have been family issues, but I did miss seeing their stuff!!

Keep checking up! I'll be posting our schedules and materials soon.

Liz

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...