Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Good Books. Alice in Wonderland.

We are continuing with our "Good Books" list and have finally come to reading Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. This was one of my favorite books as a child and I still have many of the poetry from the book memorized! I'm hoping that the kids will like it as much as I did.

Although I provide a link to Amazon under our First Grade Reading List on the left. I decided to go with the Junior Library's version that is illustrated by John Tenniel. You can find it on Amazon.com here.

I'm having the kids color some of the illustrations from the book as well. I found these on the Project Gutenberg website and I think they are wonderful! They are not copyrighted, so you are free to print them out freely, copy them, pass them out...whatever!

Easy to print out illustrations can also be found here.

If you want to read this great book and not stop at just the reading...here are several websites that will help you make whole lessons out of the book! I'm planning on using them as well.

Alice in Wonderland-An Interactive Adventure!
An audio version of Alice in Wonderland.
The Poems in Alice in Wonderland.

Happy Reading!!!!

**Also note that there is an Alice in Wonderland movie coming out in March of 2010 directed by Tim Burton (one of my favorites!). It will star, unsurprisingly, Johnny Depp!!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...