Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not Even the Best Plans.

This week has been a whirlwind of activities and appointments. Even my lovely made out weekly lesson plans could not withstand this week. Doctor appointments, picture appointments, co-op, swimming, faith formation, dentist visits, and a mom with an allergic reaction...all the things that threw my plans for a loop! The bad side of all these things is that we have fallen behind on history, math, religion, and our Thanksgiving lapbook unit. The good side is that we homeschool and we don't have to worry about meeting anyone else's deadlines but our own!

So tomorrow we are starting our Thanksgiving lapbook...a few days later than I wanted, but still well ahead of Thanksgiving. We also get to double up on history and just stick to the reading, maps, and coloring. History projects can always get down over weekends and holidays...they are just that fun! As for math and religion? No problem! Adding a couple lessons to the week will not make a huge difference. A little adjusting here and there and we are back on track! The down side is that we won't be able to do such light work on Thanksgiving week. The up side is that I will have family babysitters on hand to watch the little kids while I get some good one on one with the older kids!

So it all works out!! As for my kids...they had a great week nonetheless. We finally had their holiday pictures taken, as well as the individuals that I had been meaning to get done these past months. With that, I leave you with my awesome bunch of kids!!


No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...