Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finishing the Week.

It is Saturday and the end of our week. I'm glad that we were able to accomplish most of what I had planned. For today, we'll be tying up some loose ends and I'll start planning for the new week.

Marco: We didn't get to fully review all the history chapters that I wanted to cover. I'm planning on continuing our review informally through today and Monday. As for everything else, we were right on task.

Isabella: Although doing phonics lessons are usually a snap, this week Isabella was struggling with her work. Mostly due to the fact that Anthony was busy with activities she wanted to join in on, but we muddled through the lessons and I'm beginning to think that I'll have to switch the time in which we do phonics with her.

Anthony: Although he loves doing all our BFIAR activities, he isn't enjoying My Blue Boat as much as I hoped he would; he continually asks to read Yellow Ball instead. He has learned quite a bit this week, however. Learning about whales and dolphins has been fun and he even got to enjoy making this cute motion ocean craft. I'll have to take a picture and post it. One thing we plan on doing today, is our animal classification. I created a fun board for Anthony to put his animal classification cards into. By the way, you can print out your own cards through Homeschool Share. I decided to make my own, however, and they are pretty much the same as the ones from Homeschool Share.



One thing we did get to start a little early, was our lapbook unit Harvest Festival. I introduced the unit with talking about Thanksgiving and the autumn season. Discovery Streaming has some wonderful video segments and we watched one explaining the characteristics of autumn and another telling a story about Squanto and the First Thanksgiving. The kids really enjoyed it.

There is still so much left to do today! We usually don't school too much on Saturdays, but since we had a very laid back Friday, I think we'll be ok if we tackle some projects today!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...