Saturday, May 10, 2008

More Books!

Today I decided to take a break and head to Barnes & Noble. Well, I'm not exactly sure you can call it a break since all 4 kiddos joined me, but it was fun! More exciting for me was that for the first time ever, all kids sat down to look at books instead of heading towards the Thomas train table they have!

Anthony was was even enthralled by the book, "In a Dark, Dark House" (an All Aboard Reading book), that he kept begging for me to read again and again. He had many people giggling as they saw him trying to walk while "reading" his book. My favorite part? Seeing his eyes get big as saucers as I read the book and then hold his hands to an open mouth as we got to the part in the book where the monster comes out. If I only had a picture!!

Isabella and Marco spent the hour on their own treasure hunt. They must have picked out a dozen books before they decided what they wanted. They always go for the activity books, so I really have to guide their choices.

As for me, I went with "The Way: The Essential Classic of Opus Dei's Founder." I bought some additional children's books that we have checked out from the library time and time again. Amelia Bedelia, Miss Nelson is Missing, Stories from Shakespeare, and Frog and Toad are Friends. I also picked up some readers for Marco.

One of these days I'll have to go sans kids so I can really browse and enjoy a nice cup of coffee (white chocolate mocha...mmmmm).

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...