Thursday, March 19, 2009

Celebrating St. Joseph with Color.

This week was a week to watercolor. It was our arts & crafts activity for co-op (although I was unable to actually make it!), I also planned it for my faith formation students, and today we're doing watercolor at home!

In celebration of St. Joseph's feast day, I printed out a stain-glass coloring page for the kids as well as an Easter Lily (taken from the book "Lent and Easter in the Domestic Church"). We did wax watercolor resist and it was a big hit. Of course, anything dealing with painting is always a big hit around here. It was nice that even Christian got to participate in painting and actually did such a great job sitting at his chair and painting right on the paper!

I always enjoy reading stories about the saints as the kids color or paint. It's a nice quiet activity that everyone always seems to enjoy and their retention on whatever is being read to them is greater than I always think it is.

So I hope everyone out there is enjoying the feast day of St. Joseph!!

Prayer to St. Joseph

O blessed Joseph, faithful guardian of my Redeemer, Jesus Christ, protector of thy chaste spouse, the virgin Mother of God, I choose thee this day to be my special patron and advocate and I firmly resolve to honor thee all the days of my life. Therefore I humbly beseech thee to receive me as thy client, to instruct me in every doubt, to comfort me in every affliction, to obtain for me and for all the knowledge and love of the Heart of Jesus, and finally to defend and protect me at the hour of my death.

Amen
.














No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...