Saturday, August 9, 2008

Waiting for Science.

I have been patiently waiting for the new Angelicum lesson plans for our science text, HSP Science. If there is any complaint that I have about Angelicum so far, it is that they are a bit slow to respond to emails. And the fact that they still don't have their act together for new lessons is a bit annoying as well.

In the mean time, I decided to start a new unit study with the kids about animals. I decided to go with Evan Moor materials this time since all I have to do is print out the worksheets to go with our unit. Since we will eventually be using a science text, I really just want to cover the basics for the time being.

Here is a list of what we'll be doing.
  • Animals are everywhere.
  • Living/Non-living.
  • Shapes, sizes, and colors of different animals.
  • Animal homes.
  • Animal classification.
I think this will be enough on the animal kingdom since we've been studying and reading about animals all summer. This will also be an easy enough unit for Anthony to follow along in. Simple and fun!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...