Sunday, August 17, 2008

From Headaches to Playdates.

Today started off with a giant headache. I was a complete disaster and just the thought of getting through the day with the kids was painful. On top of my excruciating pain, Anthony was sick with a fever (for the second day in a row) and he was constantly in need of my attention. Unfortunately, I was manning the battle station alone since DH was off trying to make his own patients better.

Too bad that Tylenol never helps in times like this. With lots of prayer, I made it through the morning and early afternoon and I jumped for joy as soon as my man walked through the door. Not only was I happy to see him (he is my favorite person in the world!), but I was ecstatic to have some help arrive.

After putting Christian down for a nap, DH and Anthony took a little nap of their own. My poor little guy was still feeling sick and the thought of taking a nap with his dad made him the happiest he's been all weekend. Marco and Isabella then took advantage of not having their little brothers around and quickly decided to go hunt for treasure in the playroom. That left me. All alone. In silence. What's a girl to do? I decided the best thing was to lie down and rest. It was like an answered prayer. My headache was gone and I was feeling better.

Later in the early evening, I decided to take the kids to the playground with some friends for a picnic dinner. We hadn't left the house all weekend and the kids were excited all the way there. Anthony stayed behind napping with his dad since he was still sick.



Isabella swinging away.




Christian with his tongue out. What is it with this kid?




I love seeing him smile! Check out all the teeth!



Marco making a run for it.

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...