Monday, March 10, 2008

Book Mania!

I really enjoy this time of year! Easter and spring are upon us; the temperatures are warming up; our bird feeders are slowly getting more visitors; and, of course, new books are the norm!! I love greeting our mailman, especially when he has several packages tucked under his arm! This past week I've been slowly adding to our collection of first grade materials. It is very exciting and I can tell that science is going to be a hit around here! Our science living books are becoming most popular and the kids are enjoying looking at all the pictures.

I'm also on a personal quest for knowledge. This means that I'm adding to my collection new parenting books, homeschooling references, and family-themed books as well. Interested in what we've gotten? Below is my list. This list is without a doubt, going to grow in size as I order more books for the new school year. I've still haven't received them all, so I'm anticipating to receive them within the next week or two. I'll update my list as I add to it.

  • A Charlotte Mason Companion
  • For the Children's Sake
  • Apes and Other Primates (Eye View Book)
  • Outside and Inside Snakes
  • Eagles (Lets Investigate)
  • Mr. Carey's Garden
  • Elephant (Eye Witness Book)
  • Giant Panda (Welcome Book)
  • The Life and Times of the Ant
  • Fantastic Frogs! (Hello Reader)
  • Are You a Snail? (Backyard Book)
  • Discipline That Lasts a Lifetime: The Best Gift You Can Give Your Kids
  • Penguin Chick (Lets Read and Find Out)
  • Snakes are Hunters (lets Read and Find Out)
  • A Mother's Rule of Life: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul
  • Science with Plants
  • What Happens to Your Food?
  • Stokes Beginners Guide to Birds: Eastern Region
  • Identifying Trees: An All Season Guide to Eastern North America
  • Kids Love North Carolina
  • Seton Religion 1 For Young Catholics
  • Miracles of Jesus (St. Joseph Picture Book)
  • The Holy Spirit (St. Joseph Picture Book)
  • Mary My Mother (St. Joseph Picture Book)
  • Jesus and I
  • Coloring Book about Angels
  • Here We Come/This is Our Home (Faith and Freedom Readers)
  • This is Our Family (Faith and Freedom Readers)
  • These Are Our Friends (Faith and Freedom Readers)

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...