Sunday, September 2, 2007

Grocery Game Update.

It seems that my game is off. After trying the Grocery Game for a couple of months, I have decided to finally give it up. It is definitely a great idea and well worth it in savings. My problem with it? The list only gives you 3 days to shop. It comes up on Sunday and you have until Tuesday to purchase the items before the stores change their prices on Wednesday.

I did do it for the first month and I saved SO MUCH money!! But I also had to work hard to save that money! Planning my week around grocery shopping is not the ideal way for me to run things around here. Add on top of that, having to go around town with 3 kids within a limited amount of time (have to be home for lunch and nap time!). It just didn't work. But I did learn lots and it was worth it to try it out.

Now I make my own list. Every Wednesday I check out the ads, list what I need for the week and what I need to stock up on. Then I just cross reference my list with the coupons I have available. I still work a little, but I have a whole week to do my shopping. In reality, I just never have been good with coupons and sales. I'm not good at waiting for things to go on sale and having to look around and scavenge drives me nuts! So, although I am using the sales and coupons, I still just buy what I need regardless. I figure I can save money in other ways.

Do I recommend the Grocery Game? Certainly! If you have more time and patience than I do, it will keep that money in your pocket!! Here are some of the things I was able to purchase and stock up on during my time with the Game.
  • Toothpaste purchased for about $0.33
  • Venus razors purchased for FREE
  • Several food items (veggie dips, milk, etc.) purchased for FREE
  • Mouthwash purchased for about $1

I made several other great savings on shampoos, hair products, and other toiletries. So I'm set for a good 8 months!! From here on, I just need to keep my eyes open and keep matching those sales to coupons (if I have time!).

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...