Saturday, March 10, 2007

We begin again.

We are finally getting a fresh, new start on our goals. I get to start a new blog and Marco is finally going to begin his K5 year. Isabella is making milestones as well; she's finally beginning to transition from total play mode to preschool mode, which is extremely helpful during our lessons together. Anthony continues to play and run around the house, which seems to work well for us because he is learning to play independently. In all, we are all moving on to new things!

I have spent this past week sick in bed with some yucky form of strep throat. Luckily, I'm feeling better and more motivated to get back into the swing of things. Currently, I'm preparing my curriculum for Marco. We want to get a good head start on kindergarten this year since we will be having baby #4 in August. I don't imagine we'll be doing much school that first month after the baby arrives, so it will be nice to not to worry about falling behind.

Isabella will also start getting a little bit more formal education this year. She seems content on doing worksheets but really craves to do a little more than color and draw. We'll be combining many of her lessons with Marco, although I know that her attention span only last for about 10-15 minutes at a time.

Overall, I'm excited about exploring new books and am so open to all the wonderful choices out there for kindergarten! If you are interested in what we have chosen for our K5 year, just follow the link. Isabella's pre-k year is also posted. I'm planning to do lots of unit studies this year in order to incorporate history, science, and humanities. We plan to continue with swimming and sports for the kids, along with Marco starting piano sometime between late spring and early fall. I'm sure we'll be making plenty of adjustments as we go!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...