Monday, May 31, 2010

School is Going!

I realize that it's almost summer and we are still going with school. With so many friends finishing up their school year, I feel like that is a far-off thought in our home. Quickly coming to an end, however, are a few subjects. Grammar, saint studies & religion, writing, reading (from our Good Books list), and science.

But on the other hand, I feel like we are just getting started as well. Math is a subject we do year round, so there is no end to it. History is still going strong as we will be doing some fun History Pockets in the weeks to come. On top of that, I'm planning on just plowing through the summer with new material. We are definitly a year-round homeschool family. I like the flexibility of it and it's nice to beat to your own drum.

One thing that I am looking forward to is unit studies. We'll be leaping into the new school year with a study on the 50 states. The kids are excited after seeing all the neat new books we'll be using. I'm also planning on doing some fun science units (dissecting owl pellets, anyone?) that hubby really wanted to get involved in. On top of that, we have the collection of Catholic lapbooks available through Lapbooks for Catholics that I'm dying to do with the kids!

Sounds like a fun, schoolish summer is ahead of us! I plan to keep it fun-filled for the kids.

What are your plans?

2 comments:

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

We actually just started school again this week. :) We've been off for almost a Month. (So it's not like they didn't have a break). I get funny looks when I tell people we started school again, but oh well.

Liz said...

Hope you are off to a great start!! I must admit that a plus to schooling year round is taking longer breaks when we need them, regardless of where in the year they fall!

Liz

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...