Monday, May 24, 2010

Preparing for Co-op...In Advance!

Our planning meeting has come and gone, and it seems that we are all set for our co-op to start it's fall 2010 term. I'm blessed to be able to say that our co-op has a wonderful group of women! For the upcoming year, I will be teaching a preschool version of Before Five in a Row (BFIAR) and a science class for the kindergarten to grade 1 kids using The Magic School Bus Back in Time with the Dinosaurs science kit.

Lucky for me, I've been doing BFIAR in a row with my own kids, so changing things up to fit a small preschool class is no problem! This will also be my second time doing BFIAR in a co-op setting, so I know what to expect and how to make things smoothly. If you are interested in looking through my old BFIAR links, just click under BFIAR under the Labels section to the right. Or click here!!

In the past, I have had several moms ask for a copy of my syllabus and what materials I use. Just to make things easier for anyone who might be curious, I use lots of materials from HomeschoolShare.com. You can see my syllabus for the class below. Super simple!!


The Magic School Bus science kits are a great way to introduce science to your co-op as well. Each kit comes with everything you need (minus a few ingredients you get from home) to explore a science topic. We chose dinosaurs for our co-op's kindergarten through first grade science class. Each child will get their own box full of experiments (which I will hold until they are needed). This makes it easy for everyone in that kids don't have to share materials and everyone gets to take their experiment home! The kits also come with a teacher/parent's guide and the experiments themselves don't seem difficult to do.

So "YES!" I'm all ready for co-op! But for the time being, I'm glad I get to enjoy the summer without having to plan anymore for my classes. I'm having enough of my time going into planning for our new homeschool year!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...