Please note that many ideas can be found on the MFW boards at: http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php?t=50
We read "God's Love Story" from Catholic Heritage Curricula to go along with this unit. We kept this time nice and simple and the activities from MFW were enough to introduce us to the curriculum.
- Go outside every couple of hours and trace your shadow.
- Make shadow art. If going outside, find different objects and place them somewhere above the ground (we used a clothes line and put leaves, a t-shirt, and some toys on it). Trace their shadows onto paper. Same idea for indoors. Just use a light bulb and get creative!
- Make a clay mobile featuring a sun, moon, and star.
- Make a paper mobile of the different phases of the moon.
- Go on a leaf & tree hunt. Find some leaves and try to indentify the type of tree they come from.
- We used the posters from International Paper to learn about leaves and tree. You can get the classroom kit for FREE. http://www.internationalpaper.com/Our%20Company/Learning%20Center/Life%20Of%20The%20Forest/index.html
- Leaf rubbings!