Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm Back!

It seems like I have been slacking in the blogging department lately...and I have! Having a newborn has brought some changes, but none that I was expecting! This past week my little guy had to spend the week in the hospital fighting a UTI. I'm glad that he is recovered and doing well with no other problems. But it was horrible to have him go through that experience. I am glad, however, that I was able to stay by his side every minute!

Now that we are back, we are trying to get back into the full swing of things like school, co-op, housework, and all the extra curricular stuff. It's been a bit more difficult than I expected, but it's going well overall. Lessons for today have gone well and the kids are back to their full chores as well. I'm so blessed to be able to homeschool!!

So here I am again! I hope to post pictures of all the stuff we are doing and pray there are not too many surprises in the road ahead!

4 comments:

Good Remedy said...

Liz, so sorry the your baby had to endure that, you and family too. So glad you got to stay with him! Prayers for more peaceful weeks ahead. -Peg

Jeanne said...

Hi Liz,

Congratulations on the new baby!

I'm a new homeschooler without a set schedule or set curriculum. I've bought materials/textbooks from several sources, but would be curious as to your updated schedule and curriculum.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I especially love your school room.

Liz said...

Thanks for you prayers, Peggy! Little Jimmy is doing great now and is back to 100%!!

Liz

Liz said...

Jeanne-
Thanks for visiting!! Homeschooling is a great blessing and I'm glad that you've decided to take on the challenge for the benefit of your whole family!

You can see my updated curricula from this previous post. I can't link from here, but just cut and paste and you are there!
http://hfclassicalacademy.blogspot.com/2009/08/final-list-2nd-grade-kindergarten.html

Hope you get some ideas and good luck!

Liz

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...