So far, our year has been going well with few bumps; but I am looking to change some things and add some new material. I have compiled a new list of things to add to our schedule and I'm so excited to be able to thumb through all the material at the book fair.
The first list is things I plan to incorporate to our current year (and if material spills into 1st grade, that's fine).
- Choreganizers (or other chore program for kids)
- Literature Pockets: Nursery Rhymes
- Beginning Geography: How to Use a Map
- Beginning Geography: Landforms & Bodies of Water
- Drawing with Children (to replace Draw Write Now)
- Daily Math Practice, Grade 1
- Math Memory Songs
- Wee Sing Bible Songs
- First Favorites, Volume 1 (to begin at the end of our phonics and blend into 1st grade)
I already have many of the things we will be using for 1st grade. When I see something that I'll be using on sale, I usually just buy it. This includes Story of the World and First Language Lessons. I'm still compiling a list of what I'll be using next year, and since we tend to begin our year at an odd time (between January and March), I might just buy things at convention this year. I'll post my tentative 1st grade curriculum choices once I'm done researching and scavenging through my resources.