Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting Organized for Liturgical Seasons.

This time of year is all about planning and organizing! With a new house, you can bet that all my planning and organizing is ten fold! Besides trying to decide where the bookshelves should go and where the baking dishes would be better stored; there is the excitement of putting books in order, hanging our calendars, planning curricula, and organizing for the liturgical year.

I will tell you that my goal of having a finished school room is still yet not a reality. There are still books and supplies to put away and I have come to the conclusion that it will be a work in progress for the next few weeks. But I can live with that! Better to go nice and slow and get things right, than to hurry up only to want to rearrange things again.

Anyways...back to my planning and organizing. Organizing the liturgical seasons is a fun way to spend a day (well, at least in my book it is!). I recently unpacked a box and found my liturgical year file box. I've cleaned it out and have realized that I'm missing out on some great print-outs, books, and crafts. I'm planning on getting all my resources together and keeping my file box handy!

If you have never had a system for organizing our wonderful Catholic year, I suggest you read my post, "Organizing the Liturgical Year." You will find some great ideas, a list of materials needed, and step by step instructions on how to make your own file box (I have a picture too!).

1 comment:

Gardenia said...

thanks for this post. i enjoyed reading your prior post too, and checking out the links to others' liturgical organization ideas. I posted a little while back about how I organize for the liturgical year. http://lovemylittleflower.blogspot.com/2010/05/yay-for-organization.html

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...