Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Finishing History.

History has been a whirlwind! We have sped through some units this year and focused more on others. We are using History Odyssey and we really enjoy it!! Their recommended texts are great and it's step by step lesson plans (which I love). Leave what you want and add if you need it.

This week I finally decided to wrap history up. We learned about the middle ages and I feel that we are good to go! Perhaps I didn't focus as much as I would have wanted, but the good thing about a classical education is that we'll come again to this!

For the time being, I have one more thing that I want to finish before really wrapping things up. A study of the Native Americans. We'll be using History Pockets for that and the kids jumped up when they saw me take out the book! Tonight I'll spend some time making copies and I'll organize the unit through the weekend. Then next week, we'll get started!!

My kids LOVE History Pockets, by the way. We've been doing them since preschool and it's right up my kids' alley! I was excited when I saw that History Odyssey included them as part of their curriculum.

For now, I'm off to load up our copy machine with paper!!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...