Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Television.


It's been a long time coming. The day we pull the plug on TV. After months and months of threats to shut off the cable, I finally did it. Today is our first no-TV day. I know watching TV is taboo for many homeschooling parents. But in reality, for us...it is something we do everyday. Granted, we don't watch the average 5 hours of daily television, but it's not completely turned off either.

We are still doing our Friday night movies (we can't give up television completely!) and catching our favorite shows on the Internet; but the kids will no longer have the luxury of turning the TV on for a quick show. I'll have to post how this all turns out, although I don't foresee having any problems adjusting so far!!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...