Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Accountability.

Well, today I finally had the opportunity to keep a promise made to my daughter a long time ago. For the past year, we have been attending classes at the YMCA. On our drive to the Y, we always pass by the Academy of Dance. For a year now, she has been asking to take dance classes and I have told her that she had to wait until she was 3 years old.

Now the time has come where she is old enough to take the classes and I am dreading it! Classes start on the 20th of this month! That means that I will be taking along a newborn to her first class. Luckily, I'll have family in town and I'll be sending them off to take her for her first class. The baby will be at most a week old. I don't think I can handle that right now. I'll be exhausted!

Anyways, I figured this was a good lesson to us that we need to stay accountable to our kids and keep our promises. I know that sometimes life might get in the way, but when your kids see you do everything you can to follow through, I believe they really learn something from it. I also feel like we owe it to her, since this summer was mostly dedicated to Marco's activities. Now it's her turn. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...