Thursday, May 29, 2014

Searching for a planner.

So here is another post all about my endless search for a good planner.  Ideally, I would love to have a template where I just enter assignments for each subject with little boxes to check them off when they are done.  Something that I can print out and make into a little assignment book for the kids so that they know exactly what they should be doing.  But I also want to be able to archive these assignments in case I ever use them again in the future for other kids.

Does this exist?  Unfortunately, I haven't found anything like this for someone on a Mac.  I have been using Scholaric since it first came out and I really like it.  It's the most user friendly, online planner I have tried...and I think I've tried them all!!  I have done Homeschool Tracker Online, Homeschool Planet, Mardel's Simple Plan Online, the Homeschool Helper App, and Olly.

Yes.  I am that obsessive.

The problem with Scholaric, my favorite of all these, is that I can't save my plans to be reused for a future time.  Being able to archive lesson plans would be awesome!  Having the ability to download for future use would be so handy.  Not only that, but I would love to have it be mine...once you stop paying the yearly fee for these online providers, you lose all your stuff!

So I'm looking back to what I've done in the past and trying to come up with the ever elusive, homeschool planner.  Let me know if you have had any luck with this.  With five kids doing school work, I know I can't fit them all into one paper planner and I'm totally OK with that.

I'll have to keep everyone updated on what I finally decide to do with this.  In the mean time, we are still plugging away without a planner.  We can't cancel school for that!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...