Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Day.

How does the time go by so fast? Well, we've been staying busy doing some hard-core learning!! Of course, we have fun along the way too! This past month, we spent much of our time getting our St. Valentine day cards ready to trade with friends. Although it's so easy to just buy them, the sentimental touch is lost.

The kids really wanted to make their own and since I "hate" crafting (please insert sarcasm), I obliged and we spent a week making around 50 cards! They turned out great, although I've failed to take a picture of a finished product. You can, however, see how wonderfully messy our table got!!



It was a blast to get the kids' creative juices flowing in such a heart-felt way! And we were lucky enough that this year we were able to share the celebration at our co-op! The kids had a blast trading valentines, eating treats, and playing together. Getting home was part of the fun too as I could hear the kids reading their cards in their seats.


Isabella with her good friend Hannah.


I'm trying to help Anthony pass out his cards on the K-1 table.

I hope everyone out there had a great Saint Valentine's Day too! My kids are already excited about making valentines for next year! I think we'll tackle St. Patrick's Day next first, however!


A rare picture of me with my kids! Love them!!



1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great photos showing your day. I especially liked the last one, you with your kids. I am so often behind the camera I don't have many pictures of me and my children. I am going to change that this year. I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers Online. Please stop by and return the favor.

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...