Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gifting.

This year, Advent has really crept in on us! We still have yet to decorate the house and the only reminder of the season is a wreath hanging over the mantle, an advent wreath decorating the table, and a couple of lovely gingerbread houses.

We're hoping to get the Christmas tree soon and all the decorations will come down for sure once that is in place. For the time being, I keep reminding myself that it's not about the decorations around the house or the baking and crafting. It's not how ready our homes are in any of these ways, but rather how ready our hearts are.

And in that sense, I feel like this has been a wonderful time of year so far! I'm readying my spirit for the greatest gift of all while making wonderful memories with my family along the way. What a wonderful gift God has given me!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...