Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!

Now that we are in Easter season, it's great to look back on how Lent has changed us. I'm always inspired by others and their actions. I feel that I've learned so much by just talking with other moms about how they instill these ever important values in their young children. In the past, I think I would have been a little more relaxed about teaching our faith to the littles; but now I know that even the youngest child can learn the most important basics! Anthony, who is only 18 months, has been actively participating in all (or mostly all) of our prayers before and after meals for a solid 3 months; Isabella has a great memory and has been reciting all the major prayers for over a year now; and of course, Marco has been then prime example that children learn by imitating...he's learned more than I thought he could and he serves as a wonderful teacher and example to the rest of the children!

Faith is such a wonderful thing and it seems that so far, it has been the funnest and easiest thing to teach! Believe me...there's plenty of complaining when we do our lessons, but I never hear anyone say anything negative about prayer time! It's easily one of the best parts of the day.

For the time being, we are going to keep the Easter spirit alive. It's great to enjoy many of the things we have deprived ourselves of during Lent. Everything always seems a little more meaningful this time of year!

No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...