Saturday, June 19, 2010

Some Organizational and Planning Thoughts.

For many homeschoolers, this is the time of year where we pour over new curricula and start planning our new years. It's the highlight of the year!! For us, this year is especially exciting (in planning terms). Not only do we get to plan our new daily schedule, but we get to do it in a new house! That means that a lot of our chores and habits have to be re-evaluated.

If you haven't read my previous post on how to set up a schedule, I highly recommend it! Click to read Homeschooling Scheduling Tips. A "How To" Guide. I might not be a planning expert...but I know what works for me as a homeschool mom of 5 young kids.

Because we have so much more house to clean and more kids doing school this year...revamping our schedule is a big "to do" item. I have a bare bones schedule that I've been tinkering with for the past month. I still use MOTH and Managers of Their Chores to help us out and they work!

As for using a planning book...I'm considering trying to decide between using my own again this year or getting the planner from Family Centered Press. The children will be getting their own planners to encourage responsibility and accountability. After looking through many student planners, I chose these from Pflaum (I got the primary version for the kids).

So planning and organizing my thoughts is the next phase of my homeschool life. We still do daily lessons with some fun thrown in the mix, so this keeps me busy all day long. As I get closer to finishing our plans, I'll make sure to let you know how it's going!! For the time being, here is a sneak peek at our daily schedule that we have posted on our board. Not the clearest picture, but we are in a work in progress anyways.


No comments:

Cheers to Being Back!

It's been quite some time since I updated this little part of the blogosphere.  New adventures, new trials, and new seasons in life.  I&...